Monday 14 April 2014

Finally ........ a bit of scrapping

I must admit my scrapping has been put a bit on the back burner recently as I seem to be all consumed by the inky painty side of crafting.

However, that is now creeping into my scrapping and I'm finding it hard to do a layout without adding some inky painty element to it

I did this one at my recent retreat as my entry for my Scrap a sketch group I'm part of

The main piece of "patterned paper" on this is actually a setion from the mop up paper on my desk,.  Its amazing what you get when you lift your work up and I got several fabulously painty and inky sections during my week away.  I sprayed some dylusions through a plastic canvas circle, I use this a lot as I love the effect it gives.  The stamps I used on the edges were from Kate Crane's latest set and make fab borders.

The photo is of Lisa and I, well our painty hands mainly.  We were getting down and dirty with the paints one evening whilst enjoying a glass (or maybe two) of wine.  Wine oils the wheels of creativity don't you know!!

I just realised after I had taken the picture one of the letter stickers in the title had fallen off - I have now rectified this before putting away in my album.



This one is my entry for the weekly challenge on UK Scrappers set by the Bijoux Belles.  Photo of is my daughters kitten Maisie Lou or as she is mostly known by us as Maisie Moo!!! and a right little moo she can be at times. Fi was trying to get Maisie to pout while she took a selfie of them both - silly girl!!  I used a fab new set of stamps I got from Angela at Angel Crafts, Simple Stories DIY - I thought they would be great in my planner but used them at the crop on two layouts so I think they are going to be well used.



Finally I managed to do the house challenge on UKS for the first time in ages.

Photo is me on my first beach walk of the season at Beadnell in March - boy it was cold but so good to be walking along the waters edge again. 

I used a stencil with some blue paint, some texture paste through another stencil and some stamping for this one



I'm hoping my scrapping mojo has re surfaced as I really haven't had the notion to do much scrapping in the last year.

6 comments :

  1. Great pages Suzy. I like to see the painty inkiness creeping in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Suzy...I love a bit of mess and paint too - love the stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm loving all the painting and inkiness going on, my only issue is that the papers often ruckle up when you add such things, but I've started placing them under my mats to flatten for a day once I've done it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combi of scrapping and inky paintiness. It works beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scrapping! WB Suzy's mojo. :o)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My scrapbooking is getting back in the groove after a long period of 'Oh my goodness, I'm loving DLP!' Are you doing the 2015? I see you haven't' blogged for a while, either. Hope to see more posts!

    ReplyDelete