Tuesday 20 August 2013

Ten Minute Tuesday - 20 August

Hello, hello, its Tuesday again so that must mean its time for a Ten Minute Tuesday post. Vicki is on her holibags at the moment so I dont think she will be posting but I am so in the routine of doing this I'm just continuing along. I have a circle journal entry for you today. Its for the Mojo Busters 3 cj and is for Leah. Her theme is 1967. I was last to get this so most of the obvious ones for the year had been done. While researching I noticed that one of my favourite songs was released in June of 1967 Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison - so that's what I decided to do for my page. Again I did this in various ten minute (ish) bursts. I painted the background trying to follow the instructions for colour patching in the Acrylic Solutions book - again mine didnt turn out like it should but I quite liked it anyway. I then sprayed some paper with dylusions inks, lemon zest, bubblegum pink and cherry pie and die cut them with my tattered florals die. I stuck these down to the page and doodled on and around them. I drew the girls face and hair, coloured with coloursoft pencils ( I still need more practise at that - but the lovely Suzi at our crop who is something of a colouring expert is going to give me a little tutorial to help me along) and cut her out and stuck her down to the page in amonst the flowers. I doodled a wee border round the pages, stamped the title and doodled some of the words of the song around the girl. I was quite pleased with the way it turned out and I just hope Leah likes it.

5 comments :

  1. Oooh that's gorgeous and I love that song, too. I am so envious every time I visit your blog, Suzy. Such a fabulous layout and header.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your page, great combination of colours and I really like the portrait. I don't think I will ever be able to do a page in 10 minutes time though LOL! I'm so fussy, it always takes me several hours. Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzy, this is so cool, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Brown eyed girl was so long ago LoL! I love your interpretation of it and I'm sure Leah will too.

    ReplyDelete