Friday 16 August 2013

Rocking Your World Friday - 16 August

Hi girls its Friday again so welcome to my rocking your world post. Hop over to Virginias place to see what this is all about So what rocked my world this week. Firstly the generousity of people with donations for our charity crop. Facebook is a marvellous tool sometimes and the crafting community in the main is full of fabulous people. Payday was yesterday - yes!! - I only have a teeny weeny stash allowance this month in particular but its always fun trying to decide what I might treat myself too. The girls at work, I am fortunate to work with a great time and to celebrate payday we all went to a local italian restaurant and had a fabulous meal out after work last night for payday Good friends who all come together to form a mutual support network when things get shall we say awkward. Thank you girls for coming together to help get over a difficult situation, you all know who you are. Finally for this week time for a little crafting in my "almost re-organised" craft room. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed sitting at my desk rather than balancing my stuff on the coffee table. Im a bit behind with an art journal cj on the secret swappers group on UKS Im a member of so I took the chance to catch up a bit. This is my entry for Karen - I just hope she likes it. She wanted an atc to match her page.
The background was a mop up page with dylusions inks and the reverse of stencils from another page and I love the way it turned out. I bet it I try to replicate it I wouldnt be able to. Its our crop tomorrow so I need to get organised tonight as Ive an important cj entry I need to be working on. Enjoy your week and if you join in then let me know as Id love to come and visit your post.

9 comments :

  1. It maybe a mop up page but its fab.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - the colours - everything:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing what can be created from a mop up background! This is so lovely and your recipient is sure to treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great journal and I'm glad you had a great meal with your friends, have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background is lovely - great colours.
    Time spent with friends is always a positive.
    Have a great weekend.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh busy busy busy, glad you've got support at work, sadly there's areas of mine lacking a little at the minute and it's making it hard work so I appreciate totally how good it is to have this support.

    Yay to pay day and stash budget even if it's tiny.

    Meal out - lovely stuff

    And I adore your journal page - beautiful beautiful beautiful!

    Hope you have a good week ahead.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you have support...it is so important to have people you can turn to in times of need. That page is stunning...love the effect. Caro x (#5)

    ReplyDelete