Monday 29 April 2013

The Lochhouse Ladies

Hello folks.  Last week I had a  tired and back down to earth with a bump  week, having just spent a fab long weekend with my crafting friends at Lochhouse Farm near Moffat.  Lochhouse is a lovely wee place and we usually go twice a year in April and in October. This.time round there were six of us and that really is the perfect number for the scrapping space available. We always have such a good time with plenty of laughter sprinkled in among all the crafty goings on

Mary and Martin  always look after us supremely well and the food is just lush.  Its so nice just to kick back and chill out with good company and the best thing is that once the crafting stuff comes out in the lovely stables conversion it can stay there until we are ready to pack up to go home.

Unfortunately I just havent had much scrapping mojo lately so only managed one layout which was  for last weeks weekly challenge on UK  Scrappers. Its not the best photo in the world but as its such a  rare one of Fraser with his Great Gran who sadly passed away when he was two it needed scrapping for his album. After all isn't that what scrapbooking is really about, scrapping real family moments and not just always showcasing the best photos with the newest paper ranges.  I titled this layout precious moments, because that's what it was to us




I spent most of the weekend messing around with paints and inks and faffing in my art journals and even  converted Dee to the joys of art journalling.

Heres a page in my A5 Book of me journal.  I went for collaging with paper for this page and used what was left of this lovely Teresa Collins sheet as I liked the words "Happiness" and " .  I hate photos of me but quite like this one Lesley took of me at Lochhouse last October , I used some distress stains on the paper to darken it down a bit.  Having borrowed Lesley and Donnas stains over the weekend I have come to the conclusion I need to invest in these as they are fab for backgrounds.

I will be back later with some of the other pages I did but for now the coundown is on until our next one in October when are are going for the WHOLE week whoooo hoooo, bring it on.

2 comments :

  1. Your layout is great and your journal page is fabulous! TFS! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovely layout, and your right ... It is all what scrapping is about :) oh yes I'm seeing some shopping in your future lol.

    ReplyDelete