Monday 8 April 2013

Better Late Than Never

Oops after being so organised in advance for the first three months of the art journal Calendar challenge set by Kate Crane  I fell at the first hurdle this month. I have been keeping an online diary on my phone though ready for when the mojo returned.


Finally today I got my book out and once I slapped on the first brushload of paint that was it, I was off.

I have to say these colours are not my normal choice but I am.trying to come out of my confort zone colourwise this year and I. am happy with the.overall effect.

I knew I wanted to feature wellies and umbrellas , yes I know, I know a bit cliched for April but as its my first year of doing it and all that I thought I could get away with it lol. I didnt have any stamped images to suit so I eventually bit the bullet and doodled some. Now I cant draw but these wee doodles arent too bad so I think I need to be a bit braver and practise some more.

It you want to join in hop over to Kates blog The Kathryn Wheel for more information.



In a bid to be more organised I am thinking of what to do on my May pages already.











7 comments :

  1. You must be over the moon with this. I think it looks fabulous ... I'm loving the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doodles are fantastic do more:) love the colours and all the squares and detail its gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is LOVELY! So clever... I need to learn how to do this properly. I am going to come to Holystone every month, so hopefully I will get to see it in real life! Just going to follow now! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. The doodles are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the happy colour combo of your page with those cute little rubber boots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely page and great colors

    ReplyDelete