Friday 1 March 2013

Colour Me Happy

My lovely Team on UK Scrappers, the Rík Rak Ravers are taking part in our first Team cj.  After much deliberation and changing of the mind I picked colours as my theme and called my cj Colour me Happy. Im asking for my teamies to pick their favourite colour for their entry.
Ive always been a Blue girl and of all the shades on that side of the spectrum turquoise is my favourite.  Heres a pic of my Cover, very bright for me but hey its a cj all about colours after all lol along with my entries.  Ive used another one of the freaky Stampotique mermaids which Karen stamped for me.  I definately need to treat myself to one of them. My page is very similar to my canvas I made before.  My second page uses a lovely wavy and bubbly lost coast designs stamp which reminded me of the sea and I filled in some of the circles with white pen.  The little flap unties to reveal journalling explaining my colour choice linked to my love of the sea. 

The journalling itself reads "Its no surprise to most people who know me that my favourite colours are all on the blue side of the spectrum. I have never been a pink girl at all.


Off all the shades though my absolute favourite is turquoise and its my first choice for make up jewellery and the main colour I am drawn to for my crafting

I am definitely a beside the sea kind of girl and I guess turquoise reminds me of the sea on a beautiful summer day

For me there’s no better place to be than walking along the beach anywhere really but preferably at my beloved Beadnell or Bamburgh on my own and out of season when its quiet. I like to walk by the edge of the sea listening to the sea lapping the shore and watching the ebb and flow of the tide while trying to make sense of the muddle and stress that usually fills my head.

I can sit happily on the beach for hours lost in my own thoughts or with my notebook and sometimes my best crafting ideas happen there. There is both a power and a peace to the sea and I always feel better both physically and mentally for a trip to the beach"   I cant wait to get started on my teamies cjs now and will blog my entries as I go along


6 comments :