Tuesday 2 August 2011

Holiday Crafting Part 2

Hi there. I continue to be a bit more creative and also have more time on my hands to blog than when I am at home and working

This layout was for the weekly challenge on UKS last week. I used what was left of my Echo Park For the Record papers from a past Gottacraft kit. I think thats my favourite Echo Park range so far although once I see Victoria Garden in the flesh then I might change my mind. The photo is of my Mum, Dad and Gran when we were on holiday in Northumberland when I was small. I think they were sitting against the harbour wall at Seahouses. When you see the photo close up you will be struck by the happy (not) expressions on their faces. In fact my Mother looks most grim which was not like her at all. I have hidden the journalling in the little envelope on the right hand side which I covered with two different papers and made a wee closure from brads and bakers twine. I used one of those manilla dinner money envelopes I got in a pound shop. I am hoping this layout will count as "postal themed" and go on Julie Kirk's pinterest board along with my sketch cj made from envelopes. If you want to know what I am talking about then visit Julie's fab blog here

Anyway here is the layout. The black and the yellow scroll shape were made by cutting a wee Tando Creative shape in half and painting it. I got the pack of these shapes from Angela at Angel Crafts

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for joining in again Suzy - I've pinned your page to the board: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/going-postal/

    Lovely paper choices too!

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, they are my favourite echo range

    ReplyDelete
  3. This paper range is just perfect for that picture. Great LO.

    ReplyDelete