Wednesday 6 April 2011

Fabarama Weekend at Lochouse

Okay okay I knowI have failed to update again.  My computer at home stil fails to play nicely and I annot access my blog at work.  Tonight it is playing for a change so I thought I would take advantage

I am just back from my second weekend away with the Frozen Northerners from UKS.  It was a fantastic weekend and started well on Thursday night when I picked my teamie Dee up at Prestwick Airport.  She had come all the way from Donegal to join us. 

After the horrible month I have had with threats of redundancy at work the weekend was just what the Doctor ordered.

Good compnay, good food, good wine and plenty of scrapping and laughter.

I managed to do 13 layouts (although one still needs a title) and a CJ entry so I was well pleased.  I also managed a wee bit of knitting but I wll show you that another time

Here are three of the layouts I did

My daughter's friend Lynne had her 18th Party last weekend and the first layout is Fiona showing off her bargain diamonte false eyelashed she got from poundland.  I printed the photo in black and white which I think gives a better effect.  Papers are Echo Park For the Record from the last lovely Gottacraft kit

The second one also uses papers from the same kit and is again a photo of Fiona taken before she left for the party.  Thanks to Heather for putting the sketch up for our team on UKS.  What I love about this kit is the completely different look to both of these layouts.


 I wont bore you with all my layouts at once but I will leave you with this one of my son Fraser.  In 2008 he went to the Scottish International Scouting Jamouree at Blair Atholl.  As part of the Jamboree you had to play host to a foreign Scout for a week after the Jambouree.  Fraser befriended Alex at the camp and brough him home.  He lives in Gibraltar although his Mum was originally from Scotland.  He was a joy to have with us and these photos were taken just before we left to take him back to the airport to go home.

Fraser is quite camera shy but Alex started larking about and was pretending to kiss Fraser.  Thanks again to Heather for the "wee man" on the layout.  She was cutting one out ready for a layout of her boys when I pinched it and painted it for my own layout.  Papers are Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage. Thanks to both Heather and Lesley for the use of their punches.  That's what I love about scrapping with friends - its such a great opportunity to have a shot of these things.



Well I will be back soon with some more layouts.  My mobile is due for an upgrade later this month and I am looking for one I can use to blog with.  Any recommendations would be welcomed.

Finally - Dee I will post some photos soon of Spike the Wonder Cat - just for you.

5 comments :

  1. Gorgeous layouts, looks like you had a great time
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layouts suzy :0)
    Sounds like a great weekend.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Lo's Suzy and what a weekend we had XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring on the Spike photos!!!

    Thanks for a lovely weekend Suzy - it was totally fab :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete